As a customer of Jim’s Garage (Shetland) Ltd we may in certain circumstances collect and process your personal data in the course of our business with you, and we want to make sure your experience is as safe and useful as possible. Below you can find out what data we collect, how we intend to use that data and the lawful conditions we consider appropriate for the processing of your personal data.
Jim’s Garage (Shetland) Ltd (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) is committed to taking your privacy seriously and ensuring that the personal information that we collect from and about you are processed in accordance with all relevant legal requirements. We will only use your personal information to manage the customer relationship (e.g. to deal with your queries), provide you information about products and services you have requested and on occasion, for the purposes of research and analysis. This also tells you how you can access and update your personal information and other choices you have about how we use your personal information (including how to withdraw your consent from us at any time).
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect, store and process the following types of personal data relating to you through our website, online enquiry forms, by telephone, email or in person in our dealers:
- Information that you provide to us if enquiring about purchasing goods or services from us, including name, address, contact information, email address.
- Information that you provide to us in order to purchase goods or services from us including date of birth, finance details, photographic proof of identity, and proof of income.
- Information that we are legally bound to provide to 3rd parties including driving licence details.
- CCTV information for security purposes at our dealers.
WHAT WE NEED THIS INFORMAITON FOR
The data we collect from you will be used for the purpose it was provided including the following:
- For us to propose and arrange a finance agreement for you
- For us to verify your identity
- To contact you in the event of any safety recalls
- To send you marketing information with your written consent
- To contact you for non-marketing purposes which we consider to be for legitimate interest reasons including MOT reminders, service reminders and customer service surveys.
- To contact you for follow up calls in regards to recent services, sales and parts ordered
- To contact you if your vehicle has been in for work
MARKETING AND SHARING PERSONAL DATA
On occasion we may use your personal data to inform you about relevant products and offers. We will collect information from you including how you would like us to contact you and use your information to contact you about products, services and offers which we think may be suitable for you.
If you would like to be removed from our marketing records please do not hesitate to contact a member of staff at your local Jim’s Garage dealer.
There might possibly be times when we need to share your personal information with 3rd party organisations where it is necessary to do so these include:
- Finance companies where you are applying for finance or have a finance agreement
- When you have purchased Guaranteed Asset Protection we would notify the insurance company
- If you have purchased a vehicle from one of our franchised dealers then we would notify the vehicle manufacturers
- If you are applying for a motability vehicle we will share your information with them
However, we would not share your personal data with other organisations for marketing purposes unless we have your express written consent to do so.
There may be circumstances when we are legally obliged to share your personal data e.g.
1.To the extent that we are legally obliged to do so by law.
2.In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
3.In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
4.To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information, where in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonable likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Processing your personal data you have a number of individual rights:
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request – Upon receipt of such a request, we will, after confirming identity provide all relevant data we may hold to you, in the most practical format and as soon as possible. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may in certain circumstances request that your data is transferred to another service provider. (The right to Data Portability)
- You may instruct us to correct any inaccuracies in that personal data which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to destroy some/all of your personal data which we will do as quickly as possible. (The Right to be Forgotten)
- You may instruct us to no longer process your personal data for marketing or any other purposes, which we will do as quickly as possible.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your personal data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office via the following: